In order to make it “big” as a writer, you need to create something that has never been done before, or put a new twist on something.
Here are some suggestions on how you can use the muse of art towards writing success.
- Take a class in an art form that you’re not familiar with.
- Do some art therapy exercises. Writing isn’t just for fun, or profit, it can be used to heal.
- Make a collage, and create a story out of whatever comes to mind from the images you’ve used.
- Go to the local art museum, and create a story out of any painting, sculpture, etc. that catches your eye.
- If you can draw, sketch some images onto a piece of paper. Perhaps, you’ll come up with a character.
- Create a mandala. On the outer edge of your circle, draw or cut out pictures from magazines depicting how you feel. Within the inner circle, draw, or cut out pictures from magazines of people, places, or things that you value. This can be used to create your character’s motivations.